I feel so incredibly blessed to get to experience pregnancy and spend all this time with my little man before he even gets here. There are so many little personality things that I am learning about Baby David before he even gets here.
I know some of these things might be typical of most babies before they are born and some of them might be coincidental, but I'm choosing to believe they are little bits of his personality shining through. And really, with Garrett and me for parents, how could this baby not be OOZING with personality (poor kid).
One thing we noticed at the beginning of the month is that Baby David does NOT like seat belts! I have been walking to work in the mornings and have not really been in the car much since I got into my second trimester. At the beginning of March we took a trip to visit Garrett's parents who live about five and a half hours away.
We hadn't even made it to Salt Lake City yet and David switched from moving all over to specifically and forcefully kicking only where the seat belt was stretched over my lower abdomen. He continued to do this almost non-stop until Garrett said to him, "David, this is your father.Stop kicking the seat belt." As Garrett claims, Baby had "heard the voice of authority" and stopped kicking for about thirty minutes. He then continued to kick the seat belt for most of the remaining three hours of the trip. He even reverted back to normal movements when we stopped to eat and stretch our legs, but the SECOND I put the seat belt back on, he was at it again. Ever since then, whenever I wear a seat belt for longer than ten minutes, he has something to say about it.
I know other people have told me that their babies would freak out about seat belts too, but this little guy seems especially opinionated about them. Just one more way he takes after his dad. I have to make Garrett wear his seat belt and he HATES it too. The good news is that I am already prepared for the fussing that will ensue the first time I strap this kiddo into anything after he gets here.
There are some other things we can tell about him. I've already mentioned the sugar and the acrobatics that follow. He really is so much like Garrett.
We know a little about his taste in music, too. I'm hoping that now that his ears are more fully developed I can really mold his early tastes. Last night our friend's band had a show. We went and David was perfectly still until someone did a soft rock acoustic version of this country song Garrett likes. Then he went nuts.I blame Garrett for listening to that song in the car all the time. My only consolation is that I'm around David more and I know he still likes Billy Joel and my Scottish folk songs better :) That's at least one point for Mom. We'll see what the final score is, but I'd much rather he was mostly like his dad anyway because I kinda love that guy!
That is hilarious! And sounds remarkably like Garrett too -- he was only really obedient in 30 minute increments as well...
ReplyDelete