Baby David is here and he is Mr. Personality. He has a swing that we inherited from my sister-in-law (Thanks again you guys!) and Baby David LOVES it! I love it too because it is the only way I can take a shower everyday. The swing plays simple, baby versions of some classical music and David is obsessed with it. He loves it so much that Garrett and I started playing other classical music for him in the car and in the house to help calm him down when he is fussy. He was having one particularly fussy evening and Garrett and I both had to work on law school/ church things, so we put on the music so he would sit calmly for a little bit. The trick worked and we discovered that Baby David loves Beethoven. He was finally calming down and I was almost done with a Relief Society project when the song switched and a Bach piece came on my itunes. David started FREAKING OUT! That is how we discovered that Baby David doesn't like Bach. This little guy is very opinionated.
He's still a squirmy little guy and loves to kick all the time. My favorite part about his body (besides that toothless grin) is his little baby calves. He was born with them! He has the cutest little muscles on his legs! I love it! He's my little athlete.
And, in case any of you were wondering, Baby David still hates seatbelts. I know most babies don't enjoy being strapped into things, but David is especially bugged by the idea and has wiggled himself partially out of some of his less restrictive straps. He's quite the Houdini, but I'll go into that in another post. It's tough for him though, because at this stage of life he has to wear a seatbelt to do most of the things he loves. There are straps involved in car rides, walks in his stroller, riding in his swing, and even in riding around on Dad in his baby carrier! Poor kiddo!

No comments:
Post a Comment